Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving in Rockport

Colin spent his first Thanksgiving in Rockport, Texas. The Pedens have vacationed at the beach for years and years, and Colin saw it for the first time this week. I fell in love with Rockport when David and I first started dating, about 11 years ago. There is a certain charm about this quiet beach town - I could tell immediately why David's family enjoyed their little beach house so much. It's a place where you can stay up late and sleep until noon and wear your bathing suit all day long! Rockport runs on "rockport time" and even the local Wataburger knows this fact. Don't be in a rush because it will get you no where. I love the fact that the whole town wears red, white and blue on the 4th of July. And I've never seen more beautiful sunsets than right here in Rockport, Texas.

It's funny to think that Colin will be the third generation to have a "toe dipping" in the Rockport Bay. This weekend, I showed Colin the backyard and where we keep the kayak. I told him about all the fun he will have swimming and fishing in the canal. I showed him the boat and told him how much fun it will be to go out in the bay. And I promised him that David will teach him to water ski and wake board - something I desperately wanted to be good at as a kid. David has tried to teach me as an adult but all he has done for me is get me good tan and a sore back. :)

It was too soon to get Colin in his bathing suit this Thanksgiving but I know it won't be long. We'll be back again with a kid who's dreaming about getting his toes in the sand at the beach.

David and I on spring break one summer...



Swimming in the pool at aunt Ducky's house...



Monster's first boat ride...




David taking a nap with the big dogs...



Our engagement party in Rockport...

1 comment:

  1. Happy Turkey Day -- cute pictures from days long ago.... but where are all the new ones of that adorable baby! You still coming to Houston sooner rather than later? We would love to see you!

    ReplyDelete