Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Please Light My Pilot

We woke this morning to a chilly 67 degrees in the house. At first, I thought our heater was not working so I called to get it repaired. My trustworthy friends at Strand Brothers told me to try turning on the stove (no luck). I confirmed their suspicion that the gas was out, and we were part of an area-wide outage affecting thousands of Austin customers. What does this mean? It's gonna be a long day.

Well today I learned a lot about the beauty of gas and all that it does for us: heats water, heats stove & oven, heats house, heats dryer, etc. I knew we used it for some appliances, but I honestly didn't give it the credit that it deserves! Gas is a good thing.

I've been snuggled up with Monster and Colin all day to stay warm. It doesn't sound too bad - 67 degrees inside. But when you are microwaving water to make baths and bottles, and using a hair dryer to dry wet baby clothes you kinda wish for the good ole' days when you had a working gas line in the house.

Please come light my pilot tonight Texas Gas Company!!!

UPDATE: I can see the repair truck down the street. Should I use the "I have a baby card" to get priority? Definitely!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment