Sunday, April 18, 2010

MS 150 Bike Ride

My parents completed their 5th MS 150 bike ride from Houston to Austin!!! What an amazing accomplishment. The 2-day ride draws over 13,000 cyclists who raise a minimum of $400 each towards a goal of $17 million to help men, women and children with multiple sclerosis.

I love the energy at the end of this race. You see participants of all ages and experience levels do the ride with such unbelievable dedication. It just give you chills to watch the riders cross the finish line while cheering each other on. Those are faces of total elation and complete exhaustion. This year we brought Colin to watch his grandparents who rode amazingly well.



Congratulations to all the cyclists, volunteers and fundraisers who made the journey and fought for the cure of multiple sclerosis.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/chapters/bp-ms-150/index.aspx

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Beebs and Sylvia! Thank you for riding for a cure! One of my very best friends has MS, and I said a prayer for each and every rider this weekend as I would love to see a cure for my sweet friend!

    Thanks for supporting MS research!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolyn, please tell your parents how VERY much I (and everyone else who battles MS) appreciate their hard work and dedication! Thank you, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete