Monday, June 7, 2010

Bike Riding Buddy

I participated in the Texas 4000 Atlas bike ride this weekend. It's kick off ride that the Texas 4000 team does in their journey from Austin to Alaska. The team, mostly students from The University of Texas, are passionate young people who train, fundraise, educate, and bring hope to those with cancer. My sweet friend, Jamille, is the Executive Director of the program, and I rode my bike to support their amazing efforts.

During the ride, I met this man (didn't catch his name) and his dog, Oleta. Oleta was SO excited to get on the bike. She’s safety harnessed to his chest but she pretty much stands the entire time. For the record, she did the 50 mile ride like that!!! Can you imagine? Talk about a dog who loves to have the wind in her hair. I had to ask if I could get their picture. The guy said he adopted her (age 6 or 7) from a retirement home. She is having the time of her life after living as a lap dog in her early years.

No comments:

Post a Comment