Thursday, March 10, 2011

Preschool Drop Out

I've made the decision to take Colin out of Mother's Day Out. He was having a terrible time adjusting and the separation anxiety was extremely difficult. I gave it 3 weeks, but it was taking a toll on him in other ways and that was upsetting to see. He was clinging to me at music class, at gym class, and he was having a difficult time taking naps and going to bed at night. So now my goal is to restore his confidence and get him back to his happy independent self.

As for my independence, well let's just say it was fun while it lasted. We will try again in the fall when he turns 2. I think I was more ready for preschool than Colin. :(


Happy to be home!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry. I am sure it will be better in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor punkin!!!!! Tell him Aunt Steppy loves him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will get better. It has just been in the last 2 months that Trent has really been looking forward to "school"....even running to his classroom. 18-24 months proved to be the hardest months for him regarding separation anxiety (among other things) but once he turned 2 it got soooo much better.

    ReplyDelete