Saturday, September 3, 2011

Potty Time

Colin went to the bathroom on the BIG potty for the first time EVER, and I'm still cracking up about it.

Colin: "Col tee tee!" (As he knocks on his diaper.)
Me: "Do you need to go tee tee?"
Colin: "Yep."
Me: "Let's go put the tee tee in the potty." (I carry Colin to the bathroom expecting screams of protest.)
Colin: "I did it!" (Arms up in the air while I hold him to make sure he doesn't fall in).
Me: "Yea!!! Good for you Colin. I'm so proud of you. What a big boy!"
Colin: "Mama's turn!"
Me: "Do you want mama to go potty?"
Colin: "Yep." (I proceed to empty my bladder - but I really didn't need to go.)
Colin: "Daddy's turn!" (I'm laughing so hard inside but I try not to show it.)
Me: "Okay, go get Daddy."
David: "What? You want to watch me go potty?"
Colin: "Yep."
David: "Okay buddy, just for you." (The door closes and I hear a delighted Colin flush the toilet.)

*For all of you who know David, this is a major personal space violation. But he made an exception for Colin, and I have a feeling this is just the beginning.

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

2 comments: