Monday, February 27, 2012

Bedtime Negotiations

After Colin's bath and bedtime stories, this is our conversation (more like our negotiation):

Me: Time for bed.
Colin: I need my water.

Me: Okay, I'll get your cup. (He takes one sip.)
Me: Time for bed now.

Colin: I'm SO hungry mama.
Me: We can eat a big breakfast in the morning.

Colin: I'm SO hot mama.
Me: Okay, I'll turn the fan on.

Colin: I'm REALLY sick mama.
Me: If you're still sick in the morning, we will go to the doctor.

Colin: I NEED to rock for a little bit.
Me: Okay, just for a little bit.

Colin: I NEED hugs mama.
Me: Hugs and kisses for Colin!!!

Colin: I NEED daddy's hugs.
Me: I call for David and he comes upstairs for hugs and kisses.

Colin: I WANT my puppy.
Me: Monster is in bed. We are ALL going to be now.

I go downstairs and turn on the monitor. Sometimes I hear him repeat these things to himself until he falls asleep. It's so hard not to run back into his room when he's calling for "mama's hugs." But one thing is for sure, Colin is definitely mastered the "stall technique."

2 comments:

  1. I giggle! I love how they innately know how to negotiate. This conversation sounds very familiar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Colin and Torin have been secretly conspiring to stall bedtime! Their tactics are similar.

    ReplyDelete