Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Great Pack and Play Escape

All Colin's climbing practice has provided him with excellent upper body strength, coordination, and sense of balance. Translation = Colin can now flee any Pack and Play with ease. What does this mean for me? Oh s#$%, now what? A toddler bed with a padlock? A size 2T straight jacket? A baby monitor with infrared motion detection? I hope Babies R Us sells such a thing!!!

Let me describe Colin's "Great Escape"...

It all happened during nap time. I was staying at my parents house this week. I put Colin in his PnP and jumped into the shower thinking I had an hour or so to bathe, eat lunch, nap, etc. WRONG. When I was toweling off and about to dry my hair, I heard Colin playing up stairs (Note: Colin's room is down stairs). Not believing my ears, I ran into Colin's room only to find an empty PnP. Heart racing, I rushed up the stairs, dripping wet in my towel, to discover Colin casually talking to my mom during her afternoon conference call. OMG!

Colin had successfully accomplished the following: scaled the PnP, opened the bedroom door, and climbed the stairs all by himself. He then communicated to my mom that he had a "stink" "poo" and he needed "help" - all while "knocking" at his diaper (this is now the universal sign to open something). At this point I exploded in laughter, totally unable to punish Colin for his mischief. Even my mom had to prematurely end her conference call.

The Great Escape was a great effort to get a clean diaper. Can you blame him?

1 comment:

  1. I am cracking up! And scared to death this is my near future! What are we gonna do!?!?!

    ReplyDelete