Saturday, August 6, 2011

Terrible Twos

I wanted to blog document something - all parents/caregivers to toddlers can relate to this - I just witnessed a 15-20 minute temper tantrum that ended with Colin vomiting on the floor. He literally cried so hard he made himself puke. Call it a hunch, but I think we are approaching the terrible twos I've heard so much about.

You can't seem to rationalize with a toddler near the age of two. We were "arguing" over Colin wanting to eat a popsicle for breakfast and I said "no" (like any good, sensible parent would say). Nothing could comfort him, no cheesy song and dance, not even a good bribe. Usually cartoon time will turn any frown upside down. Not this time. Not even Mickey, Daisy, Donald or Goofy could help me. Colin was furious with me, and I was determined to stay strong. This is when I started to hear cries and screams turn into dry heaves and well, you know what happens next. :)

I know I'm not the first parent to witness such a thing. Lord help me if this continues to happen over the course of the second year. I think I'm going to blame it on Colin waking up on the wrong side of the crib. It happens to the best of us, right? Sigh, I'm SO in for the terrible twos!

1 comment:

  1. I remember telling David about the terrible two's about a year ago when we were going through it. I am glad to say, it doesn't last forever (it lasted about 6-8 months for us) and three is fabulous! My heart goes out to you. Stay strong and see you on the other side :)

    ReplyDelete